Once we discovered the delicious gluten free spinach and cheese ravioli Conte has made, we decided we needed to throw together a quick red sauce to make it a meal. This simple yet veggie and meat packed option really compliments the ravioli well. Just omit the meat for a vegetarian option!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, ends cut off and discarded, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow summer squash, ends cut off and discarded, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly diced
- Any seasonings you prefer; we’ve used a bit of Italian blend seasoning, pinch of crushed red chili flakes and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup good quality red wine of your choice (optional)
- 3 cups (24 oz.) of Tomato Sauce or Pasatta, No Salt Added preferably
- 1 Package of Conte’s Gluten Free Wheat Free Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
- In a large, 8 quart pot, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey or beef to the pot and brown until fully cooked through.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, squash, carrot, seasonings and the red wine to the pot. Stir well and let the wine cook out for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add the tomato sauce to the pot. Stir well and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the raviolis to al dente as directed on package and put aside.
- Once the raviolis are cooked al dente and drained, pop them into the pot with the sauce.
- Gently stir them to ensure they are well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!