Makes 26 to 32 Mushrooms (with size variations)
These quick and easy stuffed mushrooms come together so fast but taste SO good! Although they are simple to make, it can sometimes be difficult to get the filling into the mushrooms so try using a teaspoon to stuff the filling in. It works well and helps you get that nice, heaped-filling result. Helpful tip to avoid mushy-mushroom disaster: be sure to not overcook them, or else they can collapse in on themselves. You want the mushrooms tender but firm enough to maintain their shape.
2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 pound small (51 /60) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Emeril’s Original Essence seasoning or Cajun seasoning
of your choice
3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
26 to 32 large white stuffing mushrooms (2- to 2 1/2-inch diameter), stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the shrimp and garlic until pink and opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside while you make the filling.
- Stir the breadcrumbs, Essence, cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the chicken stock and mix thoroughly.
- Once the shrimp are cool enough to handle, chop them into small pieces. Add the chopped shrimp to the breadcrumb mixture and stir it up until all the ingredients are mixed together evenly.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cavity with stuffing, using the teaspoon to shape a nice heaping mound of stuffing. You can also use your fingers to push the stuffing down into the mushroom. Place the stuffed mushrooms on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is browned on top.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and then serve.