This is a recipe Jessie has been making for years now but it is one that is requested every year again and again. It’s quick and easy to make and tastes deliciously decadent. Be sure to bring your cream cheese to room temp so that it blends up evenly. You can choose to garnish the pie top if you like…that also helps hide any unsightly cracks that may develop!
2 1/2 cups gluten-free crunchy cookie crumbles, preferably sugar or graham flavored (you’ll most likely have to use your food processor to crumble whole cookies)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
2 large eggs
Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
Chopped pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a deep-dish 9-inch pie pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the cookie crumbles and the melted butter into a food processor and pulse until the two ingredients are evenly blended. You can test this by pinching the mixture in your fingers. If the mixture stays together when you squeeze it, it is ready.
- Using a flat-bottomed cup, firmly press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Use your fingers to press the crust along the edges of the pan as evenly as possible.
- Put the pressed crust into the refrigerator uncovered for 30 minutes to allow it to set.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, let’s prepare the filling. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Using an electric mixer, mix on medium-high speed until well blended.
- Add the eggs and mix again until well blended.
- Pour the filling into your chilled crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean and the pie appears slightly jiggly but not uncooked.
- Cool completely, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, garnish with the whipped cream and chopped pecans, if desired, and slice.