Christmas is almost upon us and we Lagasse Girls are here to simplify atleast one part of your holiday….yep, with one of our quick and easy one pot meals with this lil beauty!! Hey, breakfast is the most important meal of the day…and with this recipe, it’ll be one of the easiest. From our Family to yours, we hope you make this family tradition one of yours this year. Happy Cooking!! J & J x
*Can be made Dairy Free
Serves 6 to 8
1 pound unseasoned frozen or refrigerated shredded potatoes or hash browns
1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red onion
3/4 cup roughly chopped mushrooms of your choice, we like baby bellas
1/2 pound chorizo or andouille sausage, diced
12 extra-large eggs
1 cup half and half (or dairy free whole milk or plain creamer)
1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional, omit if dairy free)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish (like a Pyrex) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Layer your potatoes evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish. Pat them down.
3. Sprinkle the peppers, onions, mushrooms, and chorizo evenly on top of the potatoes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper together until homogenous; 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the mixture, if using.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and not jiggly in the center.
7. Remove from the oven, let sit for 5 minutes or so to cool slightly, and then serve.